Authored by the Research Data Working Group of the Digital Information Initiative of the Alliance of German Science Organisations, the "Research Data at your Fingertips" position paper describes the current situation in Germany and identifies a number of challenges to lay the foundations for the discussion of and reflection on the future handling of research data.
It makes 6 recommendations to support the provision of an adequate research data infrastructure for researchers in Germany in the near future:
- creation of nationwide discipline-specific coordinating committees;
- long-term provision of research data requires the establishment of trustworthy, legally binding organisational structures;
- development & implementation of stable long-term funding models;
- clear, unambiguous legal framework for the use and publication of research data;
- technical, semantic and syntactic standardisation is required to ensure global & networked research;
- new professions and career paths should be established by cretaing more specific curricula for information specialists.
The authors of this paper, members of the Research Data Working Group of the Digital Information Initiative of the Alliance of German Science Organisations are: Michael Franke, Stefan Heinzel, Reiner Mauer, Dr. Janna Neumann, Dr. Heike Neuroth, Dr. Hans Pfeiffenberger, Henriette Senst, Andrea Siegberg, Dagmar Sitek, Claus Spiecker, Prof. Dr. Joachim Wambsganß, Dr. Danny Weber, Dr. Stefan Winkler-Nees
For more inforation visit: http://www.allianzinitiative.de/en/core-activities/research-data.html