Call closes: 13 December 2022
EOSC Future is pleased to announce, in partnership with the Research Data Alliance (RDA), a call seeking European consortia or interdisciplinary groups to validate and demonstrate the value of the EOSC Interoperability Framework (EOSC-IF).
With this call, the overarching goal is to support broader discovery and use of research outputs in EOSC.
In particular, funding will be allotted to short projects (including open innovation activities such as hackathons) that demonstrate practical EOSC-IF use cases. These can take the form of:
- case studies
- provision of existing interoperability guidelines
- cross-disciplinary data interoperability with related resources within EOSC (e.g. APIs, software)
- metadata crosswalks and other versions of multi-layered interoperability
- cross-infrastructure interoperability.
Project proposals should be short and focused, and last for no longer than a period of 3-6 months.
Particular attention will be paid to projects demonstrating the use of the EOSC-IF in a novel cross-organisational or interdisciplinary setting with diverse components. Accordingly, they should have outputs that show an understanding of the needs for data and service integration in EOSC, by making data resources and services interoperable, and supporting the creation and uptake of IF guidelines by disciplinary groups.
What can you apply for?
Three grants, each of maximum € 30,000, will be awarded under this call.
Please note: Funding is primarily intended to cover additional personnel costs, but could also include event organisation costs (and promotion materials) where the scope, objectives and dependencies/requirements of the event are clearly defined in the project proposal.
Who can apply?
Any individual or groups, junior/senior researchers, mid-career data professionals, and data scientists, and anyone working on national or community interoperability guidelines are welcome to apply, whether based in research groups or institutions, or SMEs across Europe, provided they meet the following criteria:
- Users or future users of the RDA Working Groups or Interest Groups in support of their disciplinary data activities.
- Proactiveness and willingness to contribute to RDA recommendations or outputs testing and adoption particularly in European institutions.
- Good understanding of EOSC, active in the Open Science community and use of FAIR principles.
- Residence and/or work in an EU country or associate countries.
This call is not open to members of the EOSC Future consortium, or staff working on the EOSC Future project.
Applications are open until 13 December 2022, 16.00 CET.
Further criteria and conditions are detailed on the EOSC Future Grants Platform.