The EOSCpilot (European Open Science Cloud for Research pilot) project, started in January 2017, has launched a new (and last) Open Call for Applications to become one of its Science Demonstrators.
Until 11th September 2017, institutions with interesting challenges that would help define the infrastructure needed by European researchers, while showing the scientific excellence and societal impact that EOSC could achieve, are invited to submit their applications.
- how strong and well defined the scientific challenge is addressed by the use of e-infrastructure;
- how challenging it is in terms of data integration, management, interoperability and analysis;
- already developed and demonstrated to be working on infrastructures to become part of EOSC;
- representativeness and impact;
- support by mature research infrastructures that will be long-term consumers of the EOSC;
- its commitment to publishing or consuming third-party research artefacts as part of the Open Science model with the application of FAIR principles & also as part of the Open Research Data Pilot in H2020;
- its contribution to achieve a broad range of stakeholders; and its feasibility and suitability to be developed within 1 year with the support provided by EOSCpilot.
Those successful will receive support from an EOSCpilot project expert starting on 1st December 2017, and together they will develop solutions, providing the participating institution with more expertise and the EOSCpilot project with a fuller understanding of the needs and requirements for the future EOSC.
Apply here by 11th September 2017 23:59 CEST: https://eoscpilot.eu/content/eoscpilot-2nd-and-last-open-call-applications
For further information about the EOSCpilot Open Call for Science Demonstrators visit the official page.