You are here
First Call for Science Demonstrators
for the EOSCpilot (European Open Science Cloud for Research pilot) project
Applications open until 30th April 2017
“We must create infrastructure. Europe’s final transition must be one from fragmented datasets to an integrated European Open Science Cloud. By 2020, we want all European researchers to be able to deposit, access and analyse European scientific data through a European Open Science Cloud”
These are the words of the European Commissioner Carlos Moedas for Research Science & Innovation about the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC).
This is your chance, through this First Call, to take part in the exciting EOSCpilot project, started in January 2017, as one of the first Science Demonstrators.
The project invites applications from institutions with interesting challenges that would help define the infrastructure needed by European researchers, while showing the scientific excellence and societal impact that EOSC could achieve. Successful proposals will start on the 1st of July 2017 and will receive support from an EOSC pilot project expert. Together, the Science Demonstrator Representative and the EOSCpilot expert will develop solutions, providing the participating institution with more expertise and the EOSCpilot project with a fuller understanding of the needs and requirements for the future EOSC.
The Science Demonstrator will have 12 Person Month (PM) and travel allocated for their work and the possibility to showcase their activities at the 1st EOSCpilot Stakeholder Event in Brussels from the 27thNov- 1stof Dec 2017.
Proposals will be reviewed on the basis of the following criteria:
- How strong and well defined the scientific challenge is addressed by the use of e-infrastructure;
- How challenging it is in terms of data integration, management, interoperability and analysis;
- Already developed and demonstrated to be working on infrastructures to become part of EOSC;
- Representativeness and impact;
- Support by mature research infrastructures that will be long-term consumers of the EOSC;
- Its commitment to publishing or consuming third-party research artefacts as part of the Open Science model with the application of FAIR principles & also as part of the Open Research Data Pilot in H2020;
- Its contribution to achieve a broad range of stakeholders; and its feasibility and suitability to be developed within 1 year with the support provided by EOSCpilot.
To apply visit: http://eoscpilot.eu/content/wp4-application-form and register to create your application. The deadline for submission of applications is the 30th of April 2017 23.59 CEST. The applicants will get the result of the call for proposals the 15th June 2017. For support to prepare the application, or for further information, please contact: email@example.com.
The European Open Science Cloud for Research pilot project (EOSCpilot) www.eoscpilot.eu is funded by the European Commission, DG Research & Innovation under contract no. 739563
 Amount of work performed by the average worker in one month