You are here
Design your e-Infrastructure workshop, 27 September 2016, Krakow, Poland
This interactive workshop looked into the design and development of e-infrastructures for emerging scientific communities and their use cases.
The event brought together over 60 participants belonging to scientific communities, projects, Research Infrastructures and providers of European e-infrastructure services (EGI, EUDAT, GÉANT and OpenAIRE).
The workshop participants analysed the use cases that the participating scientific communities brought to the event, then - in a collaborative way - designed and defined suitable e-infrastructure setups and roadmaps to implement them using and customising solutions from the participating e-infrastructures.
What will we get out of the workshop?
- Design and implementation plans for community-specific e-infrastructure use cases
- Answers to participants' questions concerning e-infrastructures
- Better understanding of the participating scientific use cases
- Social network formed between use cases and e-infrastructure service providers
- Gaps in e-infrastructure offerings, and service candidates to fill these gaps
- Connections among e-infrastructure communities
About the participating e-infrastructures
- EGI operates one of the largest compute and storage e-infrastructure of the world (more than 350 providers).
- EUDAT is a collaborative Pan-European infrastructure that provides research data services, training and consultancy for researchers, research communities & infrastructures, data centres.
- GÉANT delivers and promotes advanced networks and related e-infrastructure services.
- OpenAIRE is a network of Open Access repositories, archives and journals that support Open Access policies.