You are here
EUDAT Summer School
|OVERVIEW ∙||PROGRAMME ∙||TRAINERS ∙||VENUE ∙||ACCOMMODATION ∙||APPLICATION ∙|
From 3-7 July 2017, EUDAT is organizing a Summer School, which will take place in the stunning setting of Heraklion, Crete, thanks to the generous support of of the Information Systems Laboratory (ISL) and Institute of Computer Science (ICS) of the Foundation for Research and Technology - Hellas (FORTH).
The school aims to introduce early-career researchers to the principles and tools needed for careers in data intensive science and data management, and is applicable to those working with big data, as well as researchers from less data-intensive communities. In collaboration with other pan European e-Infrastructures, this intense training course will provide attendees with a better understanding of the European e-Infrastructure landscape, the different tools and services offered by them, and how they can be used to improve the quality of your research outputs.
The focus: Data Management & EUDAT services
- “I am a researcher and would like to know which services could help me during different phases of my research, and under which conditions I can use the services.”
- “As a scientist on a data intensive project, I need to understand how to make use of e-infrastructures for the analysis, curation and provenance of my results, and how to publish the data to make it accessible for other researchers.”
- “There are so many data services around; how can I set up and carry out my data management?”
- The Research Data Lifecycle
- The FAIR Data Concept
- Writing a Data Management Plan
- The EUDAT Service Suite Overview
- High Performance Computing (HPC) Programming Models
- Using the EGI Federated Cloud for Data Analysis
- Linking HPC to Data Management
- Open Data and Cross-disciplinary Research
- Long Term Data Curation
Early-career Data Scientists and Data Managers should apply:
The application is closed.