Research Data Services, Expertise & Technology Solutions
You are here
Extended Deadline closing in to register for EUDAT CDI-PRACE Summer School on managing scientific data from analysis to long-term archiving
From 23-27 September 2019, EUDAT CDI and PRACE are organising a Summer School on "Managing scientific data from analysis to long term archiving". Deadline to register has been extended to 28 June 2019.
Taking place in the beautiful location of the International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) of Trieste (Italy), the school aims to provide a grounding in the skills necessary to manage and process data within complex research environments.
Taking real use cases, the school zooms in on all the steps forming part of a typical research data lifecycle (data discovery; data processing; data analysis; data preservation and publishing) combining traditional classroom lessons with hands-on sessions.
The specific topics covered by the school are:
- Data processing and analysis, including deep and machine learning methods
- Data management, ranging from discovery to publication
- Data discovery
The applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Early- careers and students currently engaged in Bachelor, Masters, PhD or Postdoc studies;
- Fluent inEnglish;
- Programming skills
- A good knowledge of Python (intermediate/advanced)
- Disciplines (any computational scientific discipline is welcome)
- Basic Linux commands
A total of 25 attendees will be accepted. All attendees should bring their own laptop. The deadline for applications is the 28th of June 2019. Apply now!